Items we will cover:
– Building value for a recall (both verbal and using a whistle)
– Verbal recall cues vs whistle cues
– Rules of Whistle recalls
– Whistle recall practice sessions – away from distractions
– Whistle recall games
– Teaching your dog a recall finish
– Your dog should be comfortable in a class environment (this should not be their first class they take).
– No choke, prong or e-collars. If your dog pulls excessively, they must have a harness to prevent harm to neck area.
– There will be a lot of movement of dogs and people, if your dog is reactive please consider taking the Confident Canine class first.
Bring to First Class:
- Your dog
- Vaccination Records