In order to behave well in public, a dog must be trained in public. He needs to learn how to behave everywhere, every time. This means you need to take your dog out and about for his training sessions if you want him to be a truly well-rounded, well-behaved family companion. But with all the demands on your time, it may be hard to carve out the time it takes to do this type of training. Out- and-About Private Dog Training is the answer to getting your dog the training experiences he needs out in the real world. A trainer will work with your dog for approximately an hour each session, in a different location each time, to enhance and refine his understanding of the basic obedience skills you’ve already started with your dog.
Your dog will learn:
- How to travel quietly in a vehicle in a crate
- How to calmly be away from family and other dogs in the house for short periods of time
- How to appropriately interact with new environments, people, and other dogs
- To apply basic good manner skills – sit, down, come, off, polite walking, potty on leash, greet people politely – in a wide variety of situations, tailored to your lifestyle and individual needs
You will receive:
- Individualized professional training to help your dog continue to improve his basic obedience skills
- An opportunity to provide your dog a break in his day to get out of the house, relieve himself, and have some fun learning important life lessons and perfecting obedience skills
- Videos of training techniques uploaded to a private YouTube channel so you can review exactly how to work with your dog between private sessions
- A one-on-one session at the end of the session package to review your dog’s progress and discuss how to maintain your dog’s new skills
This is a VERY popular but VERY limited session package. Enrollment is based on daytime trainer availability. It is recommended that you reserve your package at least one month in advance to be sure your dog gets the training he needs, when he needs it!
*** NOTE: Mileage charges apply for sessions outside the Omaha metro area
- Dog over six months old and current on all vaccinations. Proof of rabies vaccination must be provided
- At least one group training class already completed, covering basic obedience skills (sit, down, walk on lead, come). If class not complete with BonaFide, information must be provided about the class
- Daytime access to dog for training sessions
***NOTE: Dogs with a history of dog aggression, human aggression, or fear-based behavioral problems are NOT suitable candidates for this training package. Please call us at 402.250.9452 for information about more appropriate training options for dogs with these types of issues.
Once you register for this training package, we will contact you to discuss trainer availability, answer any questions you have, and make arrangements to meet with you and your dog in person to assess your dog’s suitability for this training, identify additional training equipment you may need to purchase prior to the start of training (no-pull harness, long line, etc.), and arrange for access to your dog and explain how to access training videos and contact the trainer during sessions. Your registration will be released for payment prior to the first training session with your dog and must be paid prior to the first session.
Package 1: Two sessions per week for four weeks (seven training sessions for dog + 1 private training session for dog and family) $650.00
Package 2: Three sessions per week for four weeks (eleven training sessions + 1 private training session for dog and family) $900.00
Categories: Teen, Adult, Manners, Advanced